Table Of Contents
- 1 Introduction to Almond Clear and its Mandelic Acid Products
- 2 So, why Almond Clear? – Founder’s Success Story
- 3 Benefits of Using Mandelic Acid and How It Works to Improve Your Skin
- 4 Does Almond Clear work for folliculitis?
- 5 Does Almond “Clear” acne?
- 6 How long does it typically take to see results when using Almond Clear?
- 7 How does Mandelic Acid compare to other Acids used for Exfoliation?
- 7.1 Meet the Almond Clear line of Products
- 7.1.1 Level 1 Mandelic Acid Serum, Level 2 Mandelic Acid Serum, and Level 1 Exfoliating Mandelic Acid Pads
- 7.1.2 Sensitive Skin? No Problem! Almond Clear’s Level 1 Mandelic Acid is Gentle Yet Effective
- 7.1.3 Almond Clear’s Level 1 Mandelic Acid Exfoliating Pads: The Solution for Clear, Smooth Skin
- 7.1.4 Almond Clear’s Level 2 Mandelic Acid Serum: Designed to intensify your skincare routine for smoother and clearer skin
- 7.1.5 Get That Glow: Almond Clear’s 2-in-1 Hydrating Gel Moisturizer is the answer for all Skin Types
- 7.1.6 Achieve Radiant and Blemish-Free Skin with Almond Clear’s Face & Body Wash
- 7.1 Meet the Almond Clear line of Products
- 8 Almond Clear Skin Care Kits
- 9 Is it safe to use mandelic acid every day?
- 10 Tips for greater performance from mandelic acid
- 11 What Not to Use with Mandelic Acid?
- 12 Are there any potential side effects from using Almond Clear’s mandelic acid products for Folliculitis?
- 13 Summary
Introduction to Almond Clear and its Mandelic Acid Products
Almond Clear LLC is a skincare brand that specializes in products containing mandelic acid.
Their product line comprises a cleanser, a moisturizer, serums, and exfoliating pads, all formulated to assist you in attaining healthy, glowing, and smooth skin.
In this article, we will explore some expert tips on how to use Almond Clear’s mandelic acid products to achieve the best results for your skin.
With the right skincare routine and the power of mandelic acid, you can say goodbye to dull, uneven, blemish-prone skin and hello to a glowing complexion!
So, why Almond Clear? – Founder’s Success Story
Who created Almond Clear?
We find it incredibly inspiring to hear about Leslie, the founder of Almond Clear, and her incredible journey to clear skin.
The way she overcame her struggles with acne after 20 years and found a way to improve her condition is a true testament to the power of resilience and determination.
Her story is truly touching and serves as a reminder that no matter what challenges we face, we have the strength within us to overcome them and make a positive impact in our lives and the lives of others. You can read her full story here. 
Leslie’s personal struggle to triumph over acne was the driving force behind the establishment of Almond Clear LLC in 2017.
Since then, the company has made consistent progress in developing new products and spreading the word about the awesomeness of the often-overlooked mandelic acid.
Benefits of Using Mandelic Acid and How It Works to Improve Your Skin
Mandelic acid (MA) is an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from bitter almonds (prunus amygdalus amara) and has been shown to have numerous benefits for the skin. This particular ingredient serves as a gentle exfoliant that provides advantages for every skin type, be it sensitive, oily, acne-prone, combination, or dry. [2 , 3]
Causes less irritation
Its molecular structure is larger than that of other AHAs, such as glycolic acid, which means it penetrates the skin more slowly, gently, and evenly. 
This makes it an ideal choice for those with sensitive skin who may experience irritation or redness with other AHAs or BHAs.
Boosts cell turnover and collagen production
This process helps to unclog pores, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin texture and tone. It also possesses the ability to prevent and treat ingrown hairs while simultaneously firming and smoothing the skin [7 , 8 , 9]
Mandelic acid is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, making it an excellent remedy for various skin types and conditions, such as acne-prone, sensitive, and aging skin. It has been proven to help decrease redness and inflammation, which is a significant benefit for those dealing with acne or other skin conditions. 
Gentler on the skin
Mandelic acid is well-tolerated by the skin, making it an ideal choice for anyone seeking a powerful yet gentle skin-renewing solution for their routine.
MA is an exceptional ingredient that delivers a wide range of benefits to the skin. Its effectiveness in reducing scarring and hyperpigmentation leads to noticeably clearer and brighter skin.
Does Almond Clear work for folliculitis?
Despite its milder nature as an antifungal agent, mandelic acid is a highly effective exfoliant that boasts impressive antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-sebum properties.
Furthermore, this ingredient is adept at unclogging pores, preventing bacterial growth, and significantly reducing the symptoms of folliculitis and fungal acne.
Mandelic acid is not only useful for treating acne, but it can also help manage symptoms of rosacea and melasma, and folliculitis prone skin. 
However, it is essential to note that individual results may vary, and it is always wise to consult your healthcare provider before adding any new skincare products to your routine.
This is particularly true if you are dealing with persistent and severe acne.
Does Almond “Clear” acne?
Research indicates that mandelic acid is a beneficial treatment for acne and acne scars; it effectively targets the bacteria responsible for causing it. This makes it a useful alternative for managing both inflammatory and non-inflammatory forms of acne.
It achieves this by effectively unclogging blocked pores, which is essential for preventing the formation of new acne lesions. More importantly, it does so without the frequent undesirable side effects often associated with other acne treatments like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, or retinol.
Moreover, mandelic acid can regulate sebum production, which is a common cause of acne in individuals with oily skin.
How long does it typically take to see results when using Almond Clear?
When using Almond Clear products, it typically takes a few weeks to start seeing noticeable results.
As you approach your fourth week of use, you will start to notice improvements in the firmness and elasticity of your skin. The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles will also reduce, while your complexion will become brighter and more even. 
As you approach week 12, you will start to see real improvements in your skin. You can expect a substantial decrease in both inflammatory and noninflammatory acne lesions, as well as hyperpigmentation. 
However, this can vary depending on the severity of your acne, your skin type, and how consistently you use the product.
How does Mandelic Acid compare to other Acids used for Exfoliation?
When selecting exfoliating acids, it’s important to consider which option will work best for your skin.
Among the options available, mandelic acid is considered a milder choice than salicylic acid, lactic acid, azelaic acid, and glycolic acid.
Salicylic acid is typically used to address oily and acne-prone skin, while lactic acid is well-suited for those with more sensitive skin.
Azelaic acid is known for its effectiveness in treating acne and rosacea, whereas glycolic acid is recognized for its ability to boost collagen production and enhance the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Nevertheless, due to its larger molecular size, mandelic acid is regarded as less irritating and gentler on the skin, making it an excellent option for individuals with sensitive skin.
One of the most remarkable features of mandelic acid is its ability to tackle a wide range of skin issues, including acne, inflammation, excess sebum, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Yet, unlike other acids, it is exceptionally gentle on the skin and does not cause discomfort or irritation.
Meet the Almond Clear line of Products
As evidenced, the mandelic acid-based Almond Clear line of skin care products is a fantastic choice for those seeking to incorporate this acid’s wonderful benefits into their daily skincare routine.
What sets Almond Clear apart is its commitment to using high-quality, natural ingredients that are safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
Their products are also free from harsh chemicals and fragrances, making them a great option for those with allergies or sensitivities.
And with their commitment to transparency and customer satisfaction, you can trust that you’re getting a product that truly delivers on its promises.
According to customer reviews, 98% of users would suggest this product to a friend. Additionally, the product comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, ensuring that you get results or your money back.
Level 1 Mandelic Acid Serum, Level 2 Mandelic Acid Serum, and Level 1 Exfoliating Mandelic Acid Pads
If you’re looking for a gentle and effective solution to your skincare woes? Look no further than Almond Clear’s Level 1 and Level 2 Mandelic Acid Serums and Level 1 Exfoliating Pads.
These powerhouse products are packed with mandelic acid, a gentler alpha hydroxy acid perfect for sensitive skin. However, do not underestimate its capabilities just because it is labeled as “gentle.”
These powerful products combat a range of skin conditions, from acne, cystic acne, and keratosis pilaris to hyperpigmentation, ingrown hairs, and fine lines.
With regular use (face or body), you’ll notice a brighter, smoother complexion and fewer blemishes.
Sensitive Skin? No Problem! Almond Clear’s Level 1 Mandelic Acid is Gentle Yet Effective
Level 1 is the perfect introduction to mandelic acid. Its gentle 10% formula makes it ideal for those new to AHAs or those with sensitive skin.
Almond Clear’s Level 1 Mandelic Acid Exfoliating Pads: The Solution for Clear, Smooth Skin
These convenient, eco-friendly pads are great for on-the-go cleansing. Removing sweat, oil, and dirt without rinsing. Ideal for after workouts or a quick midday refresh. They are also suitable for travel and hard-to-reach areas. Simply apply and go!
Almond Clear’s Level 2 Mandelic Acid Serum: Designed to intensify your skincare routine for smoother and clearer skin
For those looking for a more intense treatment, Level 2 is the way to go.
With a higher concentration of mandelic acid (15%), this serum is perfect for those with more stubborn skin concerns.
With these products:
You’ll notice a greater reduction in acne, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Both serums and pads are formulated with natural ingredients like glycerin and sodium PCA to soothe and nourish the skin.
They’re also vegan, cruelty-free, and free of harsh chemicals like alcohol, fragrances, parabens, and sulfates.
With Almond Clear’s incredible serums and exfoliating pads, you can completely transform the appearance of your complexion and say goodbye to imperfections, ingrown hairs, and aging skin.
Almond Clear is your secret to achieving flawless skin, whether you are a teen or an adult.
Your healthiest, most radiant skin yet is waiting for you!
You may want to consider purchasing the larger 4 oz. sizes, which are more cost-effective and last longer than the standard 1 oz. sizes.
follow this link to view those options.
Get That Glow: Almond Clear’s 2-in-1 Hydrating Gel Moisturizer is the answer for all Skin Types
Looking for a moisturizer that can hydrate, rejuvenate, and protect your skin all at once?
Almond Clear’s 2-in-1 Hydrating Gel Moisturizer is the perfect solution for you.
This formula is a multitasking powerhouse thanks to its star ingredients: mandelic acid, azelaic acid, and bakuchiol. Together, they work effectively to combat both acne and the signs of aging.
Additionally, the blend helps fade hyperpigmentation, brighten and even out skin tone, and refine the skin’s surface, resulting in visibly smaller pores.
If you have sensitive skin, this fragrance-free hydrating gel could be a game-changer. Its gentle yet effective formulation soothes and calms even the most sensitive skin while reducing inflammation and redness.
Moreover, if you have oily or combination skin, this gentle exfoliating formula can remove not only dead skin cells but also down-regulate sebum production to prevent future breakouts.
It also features the added benefits of panthenol, glycerin, and sodium hyaluronate, which lock in moisture and keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
This powerful combination of ingredients makes the 2-in-1 hydrating gel a must-have for anyone looking to achieve a clearer, more youthful complexion.
The lightweight gel texture absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving any greasy residue, making it perfect for use under makeup or as a standalone moisturizer.
Whether you’re dealing with dry patches, uneven texture, or dullness, its non-comedogenic formula ensures that it won’t clog pores or worsen breakouts.
With consistent use, you’ll notice a significant improvement in the overall appearance of your skin as well as increased elasticity and firmness.
Give it a try and see the amazing results for yourself. Your skin will thank you!
Achieve Radiant and Blemish-Free Skin with Almond Clear’s Face & Body Wash
Infused with the brand’s signature ingredient, mandelic acid, this face and body wash offers a multitude of benefits for the skin.
Its formula includes potent antioxidants like pomegranate and green tea, which fight free radicals and acne while also soothing and reducing itchiness.
Glycerine provides moisture while cleansing, and ingredients like lemongrass, goldenseal, and witch hazel help combat acne, tighten skin, and reduce inflammation.
It’s easy to see from the ingredient list that Almond Clear designed this cleanser to be another gentle yet powerful solution for acne on both the face and body.
Its ingredients work to fight acne and ingrown hairs, reduce inflammation, exfoliate, fade dark spots, and nourish skin cells while protecting against free radicals and promoting skin barrier renewal.
Plus, glycerin helps to prevent the skin from drying out due to cleansing, which can be a common issue with drugstore cleansers that leave skin feeling parched.
The result is a safe but effective option that won’t leave your skin feeling tight or irritated.
It is also clear that Almond Clear’s Face & Body Wash was carefully crafted to cater to the needs of sensitive skin. As it is free from sulfates, fragrances, alcohol, and oils, making it a preferred choice for individuals who prioritize safe and natural ingredients.
As the first step of any good skincare routine, this face and body wash aims to provide your skin with the mildest and most efficient cleansing experience, leaving it feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to layer the rest of your skincare products.
Overall, this product is suitable for all skin types, including those with acne-prone and sensitive skin, and with its unique blend of ingredients and impressive benefits, it’s sure to become a staple in your skincare routine.
We were pleasantly surprised that this gel-based cleanser did not dry out the skin like some of the other available options.
Almond Clear Skin Care Kits
The Facial Care Kit includes their Gentle Clarifying Cleanser, Brightening Serum, and Soothing Moisturizer, perfect for those looking for a simple and effective routine.
The Classic Starter Pack adds their exfoliating cleanser and Level 1 and 2 treatment serums in one bundle for a more comprehensive approach to clear skin.
For the ultimate Almond Clear experience, the Complete Almond Clear Kit includes all of their products.
But if you prefer to customize your own kit, you can choose from the selection of serums, cleanser, and moisturizer they offer.
By purchasing these kits, customers can save money and simplify their skincare routine.
With the added discounts for buying in bulk, it is a great value for those looking for effective and affordable skincare solutions.
Whether you opt for the pre-made bundles or create your own, Almond Clear offers a range of products to help you achieve clear and healthy skin.
Is it safe to use mandelic acid every day?
Using mandelic acid every day can be safe for some individuals. However, it is still important to start slowly and patch test before using it daily, as everyone’s skin reacts differently to exfoliants.
Ultimately, it comes down to your skin type and sensitivity. It is recommended to start with a lower concentration and gradually increase usage as your skin adjusts.
Additionally, overuse or misuse of any exfoliant can lead to irritation, dryness, and even damage to the skin barrier.
Always follow the instructions provided by the product and consult with a dermatologist if you have any concerns.
Tips for greater performance from mandelic acid
If you want maximum and lasting results, Almond Clear offers a range of products that can help.
The Level 1 Serum is a great place to start for all skin, including darker skin tones.
Simply apply a small amount to your face after cleansing and toning, avoiding the eye area and any open wounds. Use this serum every other day for the first week, then increase to daily use if your skin tolerates it well.
Once you’ve been using the Level 1 serum for a few weeks, you can move on to the Level 2 Mandelic Acid Serum. This serum is more concentrated, so it should only be used once a day, preferably at night.
Apply a small amount to your face or body after cleansing and toning, avoiding the eye area and any open wounds. If you experience any irritation, cut back to every other day.
For an added boost of exfoliation, try the Level 1 Exfoliating Mandelic Acid Pads up to twice a week after cleansing and before applying your serum.
Gently wipe your face with the pad, avoiding the eye area and any open wounds. Wait for it to dry, then apply your serum. No need to rinse between applications.
To make the most of your skincare routine, consider using Almond Clear Face & Body Wash. Simply apply a small amount to damp skin and massage in a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
This gentle yet effective cleanser can help to keep your skin clean and clear.
Finally, don’t forget to moisturize with Almond Clear’s 2-in-1 Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. Simply apply a small amount to your face and neck after cleansing and toning.
This lightweight moisturizer is perfect for all skin types and can help to keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
Remember to start slowly and gradually increase your usage to avoid any irritation or sensitivity.
Don’t forget to apply sunscreen for protection.
With consistent use of these products, you should start to see improvements in your skin’s texture, tone, and overall appearance.
What Not to Use with Mandelic Acid?
When using mandelic acid, it is important to avoid certain products that may interact negatively with it.
For example, avoid using other exfoliating acids or physical exfoliants, as they may lead to over-exfoliation, irritation, and damage to the skin.
It is also not recommended to use mandelic acid with other active ingredients, such as retinoids or benzoyl peroxide, as this can cause excessive dryness and sensitivity.
Additionally, it is important to avoid using mandelic acid on open wounds or broken skin, as this can cause further damage and delay the healing process.
Remember to always patch-test new products and consult with a dermatologist if you have any concerns or questions about incorporating mandelic acid into your skincare routine.
Are there any potential side effects from using Almond Clear’s mandelic acid products for Folliculitis?
Overall, mandelic acid is a gentle yet effective exfoliant that can benefit a wide range of skin types and concerns.
When considering mandelic acid-based products, it’s essential to be aware of potential downsides. One concern is for those with nut allergies, who should avoid using mandelic acid as it is derived from almonds.
Additionally, while mandelic acid is generally considered a gentler option than other acids, it can still cause photosensitivity. It’s recommended to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen and limit sun exposure when using any type of exfoliating acid, including mandelic acid.
In conclusion, incorporating mandelic acid into your skincare routine can be a game-changer for those struggling with acne, folliculitis, or other skin concerns.
Almond Clear’s mandelic acid products offer a gentle and effective solution for those looking to improve their skin’s texture and appearance.
However, it is important to do your research, patch test, and consult with a dermatologist before adding any new products to your routine. With proper care and attention, mandelic acid can be a powerful tool in achieving healthy, radiant skin.
Fungal Acne Content
- 18 Killer SunScreens for Fungal Acne
- The Best Moisturizers for Fungal Acne in 2023
- Forehead Fungal Acne
- Fungal Acne Cleansers – An Updated List
- Fungal Acne-Safe Toners Your Skin Will Love
- The Importance Of Patch Testing Skincare Products
- Top-Rated Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash for Acne
- Malezia Skincare: A Game-changer for Fungal Acne
- Safe Moisturizer Alternatives to Avene Tolerance Extreme Emulsion
- What is Fungal Acne
Join the Folliculitis Scout Community
Above all, know that you aren’t alone in your fungal acne problems. There’s a whole community of people with this issue that are ready to share their tips and tricks for treating the problem. We love our community at Folliculitis Scout! Socialize with us as well on Facebook. It’s so easy to Join and become part of a community that truly supports each other through the journey to better skin.
-  “Founder’s Story.” Almond Clear, almondclear.com/pages/my-story. Accessed 19 June 2023.
- [2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17] Gentili G, Perugini P, Bugliaro S, D’Antonio C. Efficacy and safety of a new peeling formulated with a pool of PHAs for the treatment of all skin types, even sensitive. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2023 Feb;22(2):517-528. doi: 10.1111/jocd.15215. Epub 2022 Aug 9. PMID: 35796684; PMCID: PMC10087944.
-  Garofalo, V., Cannizzaro, M. V., Mazzilli, S., Bianchi, L., & Campione, E. (2018). Clinical evidence on the efficacy and tolerability of a topical medical device containing benzoylperoxide 4%, retinol 0.5%, mandelic acid 1% and lactobionic acid 1% in the treatment of mild facial acne: An open label pilot study. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, 12, 363-369. https://doi.org/10.2147/CCID.S182317
-  Edison, Brenda L., et al. “18295 Mandelic Acid, a Lipophilic Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Reduces Lipid Production, Enhances Exfoliation and Provides Clinical and Patient Perceivable Benefits to Oily and Photodamaged Skin.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 83, no. 6, Elsevier BV, Dec. 2020, p. AB97. Crossref, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2020.06.474.
- [9, 18] Adamski Z, Gornowicz-Porowska J, Sobkowska D, Kaszuba K, Czajkowski R. Acne – therapeutic challenges to the cooperation between a dermatologist and a cosmetologist. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2021 Feb;38(2):21-31. doi: 10.5114/ada.2021.104273. Epub 2021 Mar 10. PMID: 34408562; PMCID: PMC8362767.
- [10, 14] Summary of mandelic acid for the improvement of skin conditions
MB Taylor – Cosmet Dermatol, 1999
-  Choińska R, Dąbrowska K, Świsłocka R, Lewandowski W, Świergiel AH. Antimicrobial Properties of Mandelic Acid, Gallic Acid and their Derivatives. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2021;21(17):2544-2550. doi: 10.2174/1389557521666210105123834. PMID: 33402087.
-  Motamedifar, Mohammad & Bazargani, Abdollah & Sarai, Ebrahim & Sedigh, Hadi. (2014). Antimicrobial Activity of Mandelic Acid Against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a Novel Finding with Important Practical Implications. World Applied Sciences Journal. 31. 10.5829/idosi.wasj.2014.31.05.2011.
-  Stan, Catalina & Ştefanache, Alina & Tataringa, Gabriela & Drăgan, Maria & Tuchiluş, C.G.. (2015). Microbiological evaluation and preservative efficiency of new mandelic acid derivatives in ointments. Farmacia. 63. 577-580.
- [14, 19] Taylor, Mark B. “Summary of mandelic acid for the improvement of skin conditions.” Cosmet Dermatol 12 (1999): 26-8.
- [15, 16] Almond Clear [https://almondclear.com/products/level-2-mandelic-acid-serum#ProductAside | https://almondclear.com/pages/before-after-photos]
-  Woo, Y. R., & Kim, H. S. (2022). Truncal Acne: An Overview. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 11(13). https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm11133660
-  GARG, V.K., SINHA, S. and SARKAR, R. (2009), Glycolic Acid Peels Versus Salicylic–Mandelic Acid Peels in Active Acne Vulgaris and Post-Acne Scarring and Hyperpigmentation: A Comparative Study. Dermatologic Surgery, 35: 59-65. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2008.34383.x
-  Jacobs SW, Culbertson EJ. Effects of Topical Mandelic Acid Treatment on Facial Skin Viscoelasticity. Facial Plast Surg. 2018 Dec;34(6):651-656. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1676048. Epub 2018 Dec 4. PMID: 30513536.
-  Sarkar R, Ghunawat S, Garg VK. Comparative Study of 35% Glycolic Acid, 20% Salicylic-10% Mandelic Acid, and Phytic Acid Combination Peels in the Treatment of Active Acne and Postacne Pigmentation. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2019 Jul-Sep;12(3):158-163. doi: 10.4103/JCAS.JCAS_135_18. PMID: 31619887; PMCID: PMC6785964.